Air Fryer Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- +small add'l amount of flour for dusting
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
Sift flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt into a medium size bowl.
Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, work the cold butter into the flour mixture until the pieces of butter are pea-sized.
Add the buttermilk, and with your hands or a rubber spatula, stir until the milk and flour come together to a dough; be careful of over mixing.
Sprinkle some of the extra all-purpose flour on a work surface and place the dough on top of the flour.
Use your hands to press the dough into a 1/2 inch thick disk about 8 inches in diameter.
Using a 1¾ inch round cutter dusted with flour, cut out 10 dough rounds.
Be sure to press straight down when cutting the dough as a twisting motion will prevent the dough from rising.
Arrange the biscuits in the pie pan into one layer and brush with the melted butter.
Set the Air Fryer to 400°F, place the pie pan with cut biscuit dough rounds in the air fryer basket and cook the biscuits until they are golden brown (about 8 minutes - cooking times may vary)
When biscuits are done remove from air fryer.; serve slightly warm with butter and/or your favorite biscuit toppings!
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #airfryergourmet #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.
- Air Fryer Gourmet is not responsible for typographical errors, pricing errors, price changes, price mistakes or adjustments.