Frugal Pineapple Cake
I found this recipe for Air Fryer Frugal Pineapple Cake by Samantha and Dominic over at Recipe This and am definitely am going to have to put this on my "must-try list". Cooking times may vary depending on your model of Air Fryer.
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 7 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups chunked pineapple
- 3.5 ounces pineapple juice
- 1.75 ounces grated dark chocolate
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tablespoon whole milk
Preheat air fryer to 392°F and grease a cake tin.
In a bowl mix the butter into the flour. Rub it until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
Stir in sugar and add pineapple, pineapple juice and the dark chocolate; set aside.
Beat egg and milk together.
Mix the liquid to the flour mixture until you have a soft cake mixture.
Cook in air fryer for 40 minutes at 392°F
Let cake cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
If using fresh pineapple you can use the juice from that as generally they are quite juicy.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #airfryergourmet #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.
- Air Fryer Gourmet is not responsible for typographical errors, pricing errors, price changes, price mistakes or adjustments.