German Apple Cake
I found this recipe for German Apple Cake (Apfelkuchen) , by Samantha Ng, of The Almost Famous Mom the other day and it sounds fantastic and thought I would share. Adjustments have been made to adjust from °C to °F. Cooking times may vary depending on your model of Air Fryer.
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 ounces brown sugar (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples
In a large bowl gently beat egg and and oil until smooth.
Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
In a separate bowl sift together flour, spices and baking soda.
Then add salt and sugar into the flour mixture.
Using the "cut and fold" method to fold in the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Do it in batches until well combined. Note, don't be shocked if you noticed that mixture is incredibly thick - it is meant to be like that.
Fold in the chopped apples to the mixture using a wooden spoon .
Preheat the Air Fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
Pour the mixture into the baking pan and cover the pan with foil and poke holes randomly in foil.
Place the baking tray and switch the temperature to 320°F and bake for 40 minutes.
Remove foil and continue to baking for another 5 minutes until the cake have a perfectly brown top.
Let cake cool before taking out of pan to avoid cake falling apart.
Recipe NotesNotes: Adjust sugar to taste, for example using more if using a sourer apple or if you just prefer a sweet cake.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #airfryergourmet #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.
- Air Fryer Gourmet is not responsible for typographical errors, pricing errors, price changes, price mistakes or adjustments.