I found this recipe for Air Fryer Banana Muffins, by Suanie over at As Suanie Sees It, and thought I would share. This is not your average "light and fluffy" muffin as this recipe calls for no oil and no butter, resulting in a denser, bread-like muffin. Cooking times may vary depending on your model of Air Fryer.
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/4 ounces brown sugar (or 3 ounces if white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon milk (or unsweetened applesauce)
- 1 teaspoon Nutella (optional)
- 9 ounces flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
- add-ins like chopped nuts, etc. (optional)
Mash the ripe bananas in a bowl and then add rest of wet ingredients and combine well; set aside.
In another container, sift dry ingredients together.
Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients; do not stir vigorously.
Mix any optional add-ins like nuts, dried fruit etc. into batter.
Preheat air fryer to 250°F for 5 minutes.
Pour batter into muffin cups and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Arrange muffin cups in a single layer in the bottom of the air fryer pan; do not over-crowd.
Remove muffins from air fryer to plate to cool slightly and serve warm or room temperature.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #airfryergourmet #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.
- Air Fryer Gourmet is not responsible for typographical errors, pricing errors, price changes, price mistakes or adjustments.