Homemade Air Fryer Monzerella Cheese Sticks
- 1 partial block mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (see notes)
- olive oil
Cut the mozzarella into sticks, this recipe is for 6 mozzarella sticks, so adjust recipe accordingly.
Beat egg, powdered garlic and salt
Dip each mozzarella stick into the egg mixture and coat them thoroughly with bread crumbs, ensure that there is no exposed cheese (see notes).
Freeze the coated mozzarella sticks for 20-30 minutes to set.
Preheat air fryer at 390° for 5 minutes
While air fryer preheats, brush or spray some olive oil onto the coated mozzarella sticks.
Air fry the mozzarella sticks for 5 minutes, check and turn every 1.5 minutes to ensure even browning.
Ensure that every exposed portion of the mozzarella sticks are well covered with panko crumbs, or cheese will ooze out during air frying, and the end product will be a hollow panko tube!
Panko bread crumbs are pretty course, so we recommend crushing them fine for better coverage.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #airfryergourmet #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.
- Air Fryer Gourmet is not responsible for typographical errors, pricing errors, price changes, price mistakes or adjustments.