Chocolate Souffle for Two
- 3 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolates
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs, seperated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar (for garnish)
- whipped cream for topping (optional)
Butter and sugar two 6 ounce ramekins. (Butter the ramekins and then coat the butter with sugar by shaking it around in the ramekin and dumping out any excess.)
Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler; set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks vigorously. Add the sugar and the vanilla extract and beat well again.
Drizzle the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture; mixing well.
Stir in the flour, combining until there is no lumps.
Preheat air fryer 330°F.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peak stage which is when they can "almost" stand up on the end of your whisk.
Fold ⅓ of the whipped egg whites into the chocolate mixture gently, until all the whites have been combined with the chocolate mixture.
Transfer batter carefully to your prepared ramekin dishes. You may have extra batter if its really airy, and you can possibly get a third souffle out of it.
Place the ramekins into the air fryer basket and air-fry for 14 minutes.
The souffles should risen nicely and brown to dark on top.
Dust with powder sugar, top with whipped cream if so desired, and serve immediately.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #airfryergourmet #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.
- Air Fryer Gourmet is not responsible for typographical errors, pricing errors, price changes, price mistakes or adjustments.