Low Fat Airfryer Donuts
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (for surface)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar or powdered sugar (optional)
Chocolate Icing Ingredients (optional)
- 2 tablespoon condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Sift the dry ingredients – whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt together; set aside.
In another bowl take the egg and sugar and beat it till it becomes light and fluffy
Mix the dry ingredients with the eggs and sugar and add the milk, vanilla essence and butter.
Mix well to make a dough – but be careful not to over knead the dough. The dough will be soft and look like the picture below.
Put the dough in the refrigerator and let rest for 1 hour.
After an hour take out the dough and roll it out on a surface sprinkled with flour. It will be a little sticky, so do not apply too much pressure while rolling it out. Make sure the dough you have rolled out is at least 1/2 inch thick.
Then take a small round object with sharp edges and cut out the round shape doughnuts.
Take another round object smaller in size and make smaller holes in the center of the bigger round circles.
Separate the rounds from the dough. Use light fingers because the dough will be a little sticky and removing roughly will lose the shape.
Put each batch in the air fryer and bake at 200°F for 6-7 minutes.
Once the donuts have cooled- eat plain or use icing sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate icing or dip in sugar syrup for a glazed donut.
Chocolate Icing Instructions
Mix condensed milk and cocoa in a container.
- If you make this recipe, kindly take a pic and hashtag it #airfryergourmet #nicherecipes and leave a comment below — we love to see your creations on Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube!
- Have a recipe or photo you would like to submit for inclusion? ...drop us a line.
- Air Fryer Gourmet is not responsible for typographical errors, pricing errors, price changes, price mistakes or adjustments.